Institute of Engineering Physics for Biomedicine (PHYSBIO) invests great resources and efforts in the internationalization of teaching and research. Among the measures taken in thees directios:
- development of curricula, courses and training programs in English;
- creating a catalog of programs in English;
- Support for international mobility;
- conclusion of agreements on cooperation in the spheres of education, science and culture with leading scientific and educational organizations in Europe, America and Asia, as well as CIS countries;
- attracting foreign students, graduate students and researchers;
- Participation in joint projects and research programs.
- Creation of an international network
cooperation on the basis of contracts with leading foreign universities enables PHYSBIO students to spend part of the educational period abroad, which has a positive impact on their future career opportunities.
At present time there are more than 30 bilateral and tripartite agreements (with the participation of the PN Lebedev Physics Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences or the Institute of General Physics of the Russian Academy of Sciences) have been signed or are in process of signing agreements on cooperation with the leading foreign scientific and educational organizations. On the basis of these agreements and with the support of the Megagrants Program of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation, PHYSBIO has organized international laboratories headed by leading Russian and foreign scientists.
A fundamental role is also given to the internationalization of the faculty of PHYSBIO. To this end, IFIB offers the positions of distance professors in strategic areas to world-renowned scientists. More than 25 foreign professors are currently in the staff of PHYSBIO.
International schools and conferences organized by PHYSBIO are of great importance. Scientists and experts with a world name are involved to tell about the latest achievements in the fields of physics, biology and medicine, as well as in related fields. Pre-graduate, graduating, post-graduate students and young employees are always welcome to visit any lecture. These events allow leading scientists, students and young professionals to conduct on an informal basis fruitful discussions, present new results, and also provide assistance in the specialization of students. PHYSBIO organizes annually 7 international schools and conferences.